- ABILITY SCORE INCREASE: Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
- SIZE: Malkins range from about 3 to 5 feet tall. Your size is Small.
- SPEED: Unlike most other small creatures you are naturally swift on your feet. Your base walking speed is 30 ft.
- LANGUAGES: You can speak, read, and write in Common and Malkin. The Malkin language is mostly guttural, consisting primarily of rolled syllables in purrs, growls and hisses. Non-native Malkin speakers can sound very close but they can’t typically match the quick flow that Malkins have. Similarly when a Malkin speaks in any other language they often have unnatural breaks and sound slightly disjointed.
- CLAWS: You are proficient in unarmed attacks, dealing 1d4 slashing damage on a successful hit.
- DARKVISION: Your vision is as good in dim light as a cat’s. You can see 60 feet in dim light as if it was bright light and 60 feet in the darkness as if it was dim light. You cannot detect color in darkness, and only a moderate amount of color in dim light.
- SPRINTER: Gain a 10-ft. bonus to your speed when charging, running or disengaging.
- SUBRACES: Three subraces of Malkin are available for selection. Choose one (see below)
I’m a kitty cat. I’m very cute. [INSERT FLAVOR TEXT]
- ABILITY SCORE INCREASE: Your Charisma score increases by 1.
- CURIOSITY: You gain proficiency in the Investigate skill.
- SOFT FALL: You have resistance to falling damage, and always land on your feet.
I’m a big cat. But a small big cat. [INSERT FLAVOR TEXT]
- ABILITY SCORE INCREASE: Your Strength score increases by 1.
- BESTIAL ROAR: You gain proficiency in the Intimidate skill. Once per day you may also let out a powerful roar that either gives you advantage on one of your Intimidate checks or gives chosen target disadvantage on their next Charisma-based check. Lasts one minute.
I’m a medium sized cat. But a small medium sized cat. [INSERT FLAVOR TEXT]
- ABILITY SCORE INCREASE: Your Wisdom score increases by 1.
- STALKER: You are proficient in the Stealth skill. Any time someone rolls a check to notice you while you are already hidden they must roll at disadvantage.
- BLACK CAT: Once per day, as a reaction when you’re hit by a melee attack, you can force the attacker to re-roll the attack with disadvantage.